Sometimes we ask children to imagine being a tree, a plane, or a duck. For this Discussion, let’s do an adult version of that activity. Think of something that amazes you and share it with classmates.
• Describe what it would be like if you were this something?
• Write a reflective description of yourself as this something.
• Identify which emotions you would feel.
• Explain how you are like what really amazes you. How are you unlike it?
• Discuss how you would like to change in any way.
When you do a similar activity with children about something they like, why do you think children would enjoy using their imaginations like this?
Describe strategies you could use to help children less willing to participate in this activity. Give a rationale for each.
Read and post one primary post for each Discussion topic, addressing each of the topics clearly and correctly applying concepts from the course material to support answers. The length requirement for your post is 150 words minimum.
Be sure to make two or more responses to other students on each thread presenting original ideas, contributing to the quality of the discussion, and meets length requirement (50-100 words for each peer response).
Review the following video – Recognizing Personal Values before you complete the Discussion board.
Pearson. (n.d.) Recognizing Personal Values. [Video file]. Retrieved from http://media.pearsoncmg.com/ab/ab_socialwork_mysearchlab_shared/video/recognizing_personal_values.html
After you have completed the reading assignments and watched the video please visit the NOHS website ( https://nohs.memberclicks.net/ethical-standards-for-hs-professionals) and answer the following questions:
· Discuss why it is important to recognize one’s personal values when working in the field of Human Services.
· Based on the area of Human Services you would like to work in, what are some potential problems that may arise if professional boundaries are not respected?
Be sure to use specific information from the text to support your answers.