Benchmark -Human Resources and Change
The major responsibilities of human resources management are attracting, developing, and maintaining a quality workforce.
The major responsibilities of human resources management (HRM) are attracting, developing, and maintaining a quality workforce. Research an organization, with which
you are familiar, that is in need of a change and present how you will manage the change process by incorporating the three essential duties of HRM.
Choose one subsystem to change and write a 1,250-1,500 word paper addressing the following questions that pertain to the major human resource management
responsibilities and to change management. Strengthen your recommendations by showing how your proposed changes are working in another similar organization that is
Address following in your paper:
1. Provide an overview of the organization you have chosen including three subsystems of the organization, three stakeholders of the organization, and the reason
for selecting this organization.
2. What one major organizational subsystem needs to be changed in the organization? Justify your choice. How does it compare to a similar successful organization?
3. How will the subsystem change affect the two other subsystems within the organization that you have identified and how will you realign the total system?
4. Identify and explain how you would ensure that the proposed change will satisfy any three stakeholders of the organization?
5. How should the organizationattract,develop, and maintain the workforce required to bring about your proposed change?
a. Choose at least one of the following in your discussion about attracting a quality workforce to support the change in Questions 2 and 3 above: human resource
planning, recruitment, or selection.
b. Choose at least one of the following in your discussion about developing a quality workforce to support the change in Questions 2 and 3 above: (and this must
tie in to 4a too): employee orientation, training and development, or performance appraisal.
c. Choose at least one of the following in your discussion about maintaining a quality workforce to support the change in Questions 2 and 3 above (and must relate
to 4a and 4b): career development, work-life balance, compensation and benefits, employee retention and turnover, or labor-management relations.
Integrate a faith-based or worldview-based component in the paper and make a clear connection on how it informs the groups’ management practices.(NOTE: Individuals all
have a worldview, and that worldview influences their decisions, values, and perceptions. It also affects how they manage people, or think they should be managed. For
this assignment, this requirement relates to the worldview of the presenters.
Include at least four academic references to support your position. One of them should directly relate to the company discussed in your paperand another to the
organization to which you are comparing it.