Review the case study in your online course shell titled “Turn It Around”, in which Dr. P. De Gogy, a newly hired superintendent of a small rural school district, must develop a plan to address and correct a myriad of issues and challenges within the district. Next, imagine that you are Dr. Gogy and are preparing to present the plan you have developed to the school board.
Part 1: Proposal Report
Write a three to five (3-5) page proposal report in which you:
- Determine the main challenges that the Rocky Road School District is currently facing. Develop a three (3) year plan to address these challenges. Examine the actions you will take to address each of these challenges.
- Identify the main resources that you will need in each of the following areas in order to implement the plan – economic, social / community, political, and staffing.
- Take a position on whether or not it is feasible for you to turn this school district around within the length of your five (5) year contract. Provide support and a rationale for your position.
- Use at least four (4) peer-reviewed academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and many Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Peer-reviewed academic resources refer to articles and scholarly journals that are reviewed by a panel of experts or peers in the field. Review the video titled Research Starter: Finding Peer-Reviewed References for more information on obtaining peer-reviewed academic resources through your Blackboard course shell.
Part 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Create a ten to fifteen (10-15) slide PowerPoint Presentation in which you:
- Summarize your response to Questions #1-3 in Part 1 of this assignment.
- Narrate each slide, using a microphone, indicating what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Present your plan using a presentation software tool with at least ten (10) content slides in your presentation.
- Include a cover slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Note: This slide does not count toward the ten to fifteen (10-15) slide requirement.
- Include a References slide at the end of the presentation. References must be in APA format. Note: This slide does not count towards the ten to fifteen (10-15) slide requirement.
- Develop a creative, appealing presentation for a professional audience, using two to three (2-3) colors, two to three (2-3) fonts, and two to three (2-3) visuals in your presentation.
- Provide clear and thorough audio narration of the presentation slides as if you were delivering the speech. Note: If you do not have access to a microphone, then you should provide detailed speaker notes to accompany each slide that emphasize and embellish the key points in your presentation.
- Check with your instructor for any additional requirements or specifications.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze how educational theories and practices impact contemporary issues in education.
- Survey and analyze issues facing the changing demographics of education.
- Critique issues related to teaching, learning, and assessment within schools.
- Analyze methods of the procurement, management and accountability of funding sources for schools.
- Use technology and information resources to research contemporary issues in education.
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary issues in education using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.