The management team is interested in knowing what potential vulnerabilities exist for your environment. Take this opportunity to review common vulnerabilities specific to your environment and provide the following information:
- Define what the CVE database is designed to provide to security researchers.
- Describe how the CVSS score is calculated.
- Describe the difference between base and temporal metrics.
- Describe what the National Vulnerability Database is and used for.
- Find and describe three vulnerabilities that could potentially exist in your organization, that have a CVSS severity rated as high.
Add the discussion about CVE, CVSS and NVD to The Key Assignment Template section titled: Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures