Part #1) 1-2 page paper on the most creative event/program you would benchmark for your future event planning. Try to find which could be adapted to your event (part #2).
- Brief description about the event/program
- The Purpose of the event/program
- Target Audience
- Some unique details of the event/program
Part #2) Plan your event: maximum 5-page paper
“You are the event planner for a community-based (music, wine, sport, ethnic etc.) event of Northridge. Your boss has advised you to plan an event for the community during October, 2016. This should be one-day event, along with some entertainment activities. As you are in charge of this event, you should determine the purpose & objective of the event, select location and site (based on your target customers), create a detailed budget and plan the program from attendee’s arrival to departure. Also include your promotion effort.”
- Event description (when, where, what, why, who…)
- The purpose and objective of the event (mission statement, values, goals and objectives)
- Event budget: it should be realistic costs and contain all expenses and anticipated income.
- Program Schedule: it should be presented as a table like a real event schedule.
- Marketing Strategy: you should suggest all avenues that will be used for your event promotion and why they are being chosen. Use real names of print and media outlet.
*You will need to contact appropriate resources to be able to plan this event.
Part #3) As part of this assignment, you will create slides (PowerPoin) that summarizes your work, and present your event on the assigned date