Course Textbook – Must have access to this textbook.
Kubasek, N. K., & Silverman, G. S. (2011). Environmental law (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Option One: Chapter 9, Energy, pages 325 – 363. Read the Case Study presented on pages 362 to 363 of the textbook, and answer the following questions:
1. Should alternative fuel be funded by the government? Based upon your readings, provide three reasons for or against this scenario, and discuss them thoroughly.
2. Identify and discuss any fallacies that may occur in your reasoning. How might you defend your stance in a debate?
3. What are some available sources of renewable energy that could meet our nation’s energy demands?
Option Two: Chapter 10, Natural Resources, pages 366 – 400. Read the Case Study presented on pages 399 to 400 of the textbook, and answer the following questions:
1. Should the government take away the endangered species protection of grey wolves? Why, or why not? Based on your readings, provide two reasons for or against this scenario, and discuss them thoroughly.
2. Identify any assumptions the author may have made in the Case Study, and discuss whether these assumptions can be considered fallacies.
3. What information could be added to this Case Study to help you make your decision?