Introduction to Ethics work
Part 1- Individual Project
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Review the following articles to assist you with this assignment:
• Bribery Article 1- http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126199094
• Bribery Article 2- http://www.inc.com/eric-markowitz/mexico-walmart-truth-about-bribery-and-business.html
Discuss the following:
• What is the dilemma that each organization is facing?
• Explore whether bribery is right or wrong, and discuss using ethical relativism principles.
• Identify the cultural differences in bribery practices.
A minimum of 1 reference should be used to reinforce your thoughts. Be sure to include it both as an in-text citation and on your reference page.
Use 12-point font and 1″ margins.
Please submit your assignment.
Kestenbaum, D. (2010, April 22). Bribery in India: A good thing? Retrieved from the NPR Web site:http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126199094
Markowitz, E. (2012, April 27). The truth about bribery and doing foreign business. Retrieved from the Inc. Web site: http://www.inc.com/eric-markowitz/mexico-walmart-truth-about-bribery-and-business.html
Part 2- Discussion Board
Primary Discussion Response.
Primary Discussion Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300-500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples from resources to reinforce your ideas.
Review the following articles and video:
• Ethics Article 1- http://ethix.org/2011/06/25/was-aaron-feuerstein-wrong
• Ethics Article 2- https://toughsledding.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/putting-people-before-profits-classic-pr-case-study-but-without-the-fairytale-ending/
• Ethics Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry7_FcSiQL8
Answer the following questions regarding what you just read and watched:
• Explain why Aaron Feuerstein felt his decisions were necessary for his company and for his employees.
• Discuss the pros and cons of Aaron Feuerstein’s decision making, and explain if or how you would have handled his situation differently if you were in his shoes.
• Apply virtue ethics and corporate social responsibility to his situation.
A minimum of 1 reference should be used to reinforce your thoughts. Be sure to include it both as an in-text citation and on your reference list at the end of your discussion post.
Peer Responses: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply consider the following questions:
• Are there additional pros or cons that you would add? If so, what are they?
• What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
KarmaTube: Videos That Inspire. (2009, May 21). Aaron Feuerstein’s malden mills [Video file]. Retrieved from the YouTube Web site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry7_FcSiQL8
Gill, D. W. (2011, June 25). Was Aaron Feuerstein wrong? Retrieved from the ethix Web site:http://ethix.org/2011/06/25/was-aaron-feuerstein-wrong
Sledzik, B. (n.d.). Putting people before profits: Classic PR case study, but without the fairytale ending. Retrieved from the WordPress Web site: http://toughsledding.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/putting-people-before-profits-classic-pr-case-study-but-without-the-fairytale-ending/