Please list five significant historical events/leaders from this era in eduation (Chapters Three and Four) and choose two to compare and contrast. Your Discussion Forum response will satisfy the following requirements:
Thomas Jefferson (1743–1826)
· Plan for a State Education System
· Founding the University of Virginia
Benjamin Rush (1746–1813)
· Free Schools
· Education for Women and African Americans
· A National University
Noah Webster (1758–1843)
· Spelling Books
· Schoolmaster of the Republic
- Monitorial schools
- Sunday school
- infant school
Horace Mann (1796–1859)
- teacher institute
James G. Carter (1795–1845)
Henry Barnard (1811–1900)
Catharine Beecher (1800–1878
- Five events and the date each event occurred is listed.
- Two events are chosen and a Venn Diagram is completed showing (at least three in each category) the similarities and differences of each chosen event.
- Three of the following five questions have been answered.
- These events are still significant today because____.
- If I could change the outcome of one of my listed events I would change___ because____.
- If only one of these events/individuals could have taken place; I would chose ___ because____.
- If I could change the outcome of one of my chosen events I would choose___ because____.
- What would you say is the most important result of each of your chosen events?
Please make sure to refer to the text.
Provided attachment of Venn Diagram
Also, provided a list of leaders in which you can use. Please make sure to only use these in comparison along with the events.
|Book: Webb, L. D. (2014). History of American Education: Voices and Perspectives. San Diego: Bridgepoint Education.|
If you have any questions in regards to this discussion questions, please feel free to ask me. Thank you in advance.