Assignment 1: Discussion—International Equity and Bond Markets
Earlier, the CFO of GBATT had you look at capital and financial structures in general. Now, the CFO has asked you to look at the international debt and equity markets available for GBATT as a precursor to possibly changing the firm’s capital structure.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and reliable and reputable Internet sites, do the following to provide the information the CFO requested:
- Analyze why GBATT may want to issue stock shares in a foreign market.
- Identify 3 international equity markets and evaluate their attractiveness to GBATT.
- Identify two groups of bonds in the international bond market, describe the characteristics of each group, and explain why GBATT may want to issue debt in each of the groups.
- Support your positions with scholarly sources.
- Class we see many companies on US international exchanges. Why is this the case?
Beginning Saturday, May 28, 2016, post your responses to the appropriateDiscussion Area. Through Wednesday, June 1, 2016, comment on at least two of your peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.