Provide a essay answering the following question: Of all the client rights that must be protected and ensured by the chemical dependency counselor, please list (if necessary) and describe the rights (#1 & #6)
Ø The right to be informed of your counselor’s qualifications (education, work experience, licenses, and certifications): This stems from the ethical requirement that a counselor must be competent in his or her field. This right ensures that a client can make an informed decision on whether to pursue treatment with a particular counselor. It also affects the level of trust a counselor may have with a client. (#1)
Ø The right to confidentiality and to be informed of the limitations on that confidentiality: This right is derived from the right to privacy, which is guaranteed to you by the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. (#6)
that you consider to be the most important, and explain why you believe it to be the most important client rights. Then prepare a presentation to present to the entire agency dealing with client rights. In this presentation, you are to discuss your selected client rights in detail, and provide examples that illustrate the importance of ensuring that client rights are protected.
Your presentation should cover the following:
- A complete listing of the selected client rights (#1 & #6). For each listed client right, also provide the following:
- A detailed explanation of each listed client right
- An example of each right being violated and the potential repercussions to the individual counselor and the agency for said violation
- An explanation of the potential damage to the client for the above-described violation of the client right
- A description of what steps the counselors of this agency can take to prevent such a possible violation of the client right
APA format, references, simple design. DUE 10/28/20216
One of your supervisees comes to you with an issue. He has been arguing with another supervisee regarding the full extent of client rights. After listening to the supervisee, you conclude that neither supervisee has a complete understanding of client rights. You decide to hold a brown bag lunch with your full group of supervisees so that you can give them a refresher on client rights.
You decide that the best way to give them information that they can understand and retain is to create an FAQ handout so that they can have a document to take away and post in their work area to have handy. It also can serve as a document that can be shared with clients in a one-on-one setting.
Create a document titled “Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Client Rights. The document should provide the following at a minimum:
- A list of client rights, and which 3 you think are most important and why?
- An explanation of the process should a client need to file a complaint for an alleged violation of his or her rights.
- A description of sources where a client can find detailed information regarding his or her rights (Web sites, organizations, etc. that can inform a client of his rights)
Due 10/26/2016 $15.00
You are now in the fourth session with the Robertson family. Dan, Marie, and Peter have all recognized how they contribute to the family problems. Using the treatment method Strategic Family Therapy, in elaborate detail, describe the following:
- How you will help the family members identify and interrupt harmful interaction patterns?
- How will you assist the family members in adopting strategies and behaviors that sustain recovery?