Metadata architectureSubject: – Internet
After you have read and considered the readings, please write a thoughtful writing.
• Write a thoughtful post about the readings that adhere to the guidelines in the Do’s & Don’ts below.
• Ask questions that test the limits of what the readings say and try to suggest answers.
• Consider the applicability of the readings’ topics to a problem area in librarianship.
• Link to and/or cite any external sources.
Please do not
• Summarize the article without contributing any of your own thoughts
• Write a reply that is just “neat” or “good point” — your reply post must also bring something substantive to the conversation.
Collaborative metadata projects
Future of metadata
https://old.diglib.org/aquifer/dlf110.pdf (Links to an external site.)
http://slq.nu/ article=volume-48-no-1-2-2015-4 (Links to an external site.)
http://www.europeana.eu/portal/ (Links to an external site.)
http://dp.la/ (Links to an external site.)
http://oaister.worldcat.org/ (Links to an external site.)