- Read from your text, Challenging Behavior in Young Children:
- Chapter 7: Preventing Challenging Behavior: The Social Context
- Chapter 7 provides information on creating the social context and recommendations for teaching social skills.
- Chapter 8: Preventing Challenging Behavior: Physical Space, Routines and Transitions, and Teaching Strategies
- Chapter 8 provides an overview of prevention, including suggestions for physical space, routines and transitions, and teaching strategies.
The IRIS Center for Training Enhancements. (n.d.). Encouraging Appropriate Behavior. Retrieved from
- This resource provides case studies displaying challenging behavior and provides information on positive reinforcement strategies. It will assist you in completing the written assignment.
- Accessibility Statement
Assignment (Due 11/07/16)
To complete the following assignment, go to this week’s Assignment link in the left navigation.
Positive Reinforcement Case Study
After reviewing the case study labeled “Level B Case 1” and the STAR sheets in Encouraging Appropriate Behavior, write a one- to two-page summary in which you:
- Discuss one strategy that would best address Doug’s goals.
- Justify your strategy selection and the benefits of positive reinforcement.
- Describe how you would implement this strategy, including any possible limitations.
Your paper must be one to two pages in length (double-spaced, not including title and reference pages) and utilize APA formatting. It must cite at least two scholarly resources (including the course text). Citations must be properly formatted in APA style.