- Read from your text, Challenging Behavior in Young Children:
- Chapter 7: Preventing Challenging Behavior: The Social Context
- Chapter 7 provides information on creating the social context and recommendations for teaching social skills.
- Chapter 8: Preventing Challenging Behavior: Physical Space, Routines and Transitions, and Teaching Strategies
- Chapter 8 provides an overview of prevention, including suggestions for physical space, routines and transitions, and teaching strategies.
The IRIS Center for Training Enhancements. (n.d.). Encouraging Appropriate Behavior. Retrieved from
- This resource provides case studies displaying challenging behavior and provides information on positive reinforcement strategies. It will assist you in completing the written assignment.
- Accessibility Statement