For this assignment, select an organization of your choice on which to conduct a thorough SWOT analysis of the internal strengths and weaknesses and external opportunities and threats for that organization. You can write about your current or former workplace or any organization with which you are familiar, such as a well-known company, your church, volunteer organization, or even DeVry University. Please remember that research is required so use an actual organization for which you can find information. This is not a case where you could make one up information.
You must use the mandatory rubric located in Doc Sharing to organize your paper. You do not need to turn in your rubric. Your SWOT analysis should be in a cohesive essay format—no bullet points.
My company is AT&T.
MGMT303 Principles of Management
Week 3 SWOT Analysis Rubric
Analyze the internal and external environments of the organization along the following terms. You must use the mandatory outline located in Doc Sharing to organize your paper. You do not need to turn in your outline. Your analysis should a minimum of 1000 words.
A few other notes:
- To help you better understand how to complete a SWOT Analysis, please review the section titled, “The Strategic Management Process” in Chapter 9, reread Weeks1 and 2’s Lectures, and review the SWOT Analysis article that is loaded in Doc Sharing.
- Please refer to the Library link within The HUB and the APA resources posted in Doc Sharing (to find these documents in Doc Sharing, use the drop down menu) to properly cite your paper using APA.
- Your topic is due in Week 1, posted for me to review in the Q&A Forum topic of the Discussions. This is not graded, but required.
- The entire SWOT case paper is worth 140 points.
- Please name your paper “LastName FirstName_303SWOT.”
Please let me know if you have any questions!
I HIGHLY recommend that you watch the presentation on APA Citation located in the HUB.
See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due date information.