You will be expected to complete a research paper and submit it for the class according to the syllabus.
- You must choose from the following topics.
- The paper assignment should include the following structure and it must comply with APA written standards: Title page (1), Abstract (1), Content pages (5), Conclusion (1), and References (1). Therefore, there must be a minimum of nine (9) pages per project.
- For more detailed information please, go to the following link: http://flash1r.apa.org/apastyle/basics/index.htm.
- Each topic will be accepted three (3) times only per students!!! After assigning the same topic two (2) times, students will have to choose and submit another topic from the list provided on the syllabus.
- Only academic sources will be accepted, which means no Googles or Wikipedia.
- By copying and pasting information to complete any assignment during the class such as Research papers, or Discussion Forums would not be tolerated. Therefore, your grade will be “0” grade.
The structure should include the following:
All work must comply with APA written standards:
1- Title page (1)
2- Abstract (1),
3- Content pages (5),
4- Conclusion (1),
5- References (1).
Therefore, there must be a minimum of 9 pages per project.
- You must include at least three (3) professional journal articles (Primary Sources) from the FNU Database for journals in Psychology. Include in-text citations for any information taken, quoted or paraphrased from references sources.
- Use APA citation style in the body of your paper so I know where the information came from (like your text does).This is the (Author, date) you see in your text. It gives credit to original author’s research and are alphabetized by the author’s last name.
- Your research will be your own research and writing. No copying or pasting information!!!
- The research paper will account for 20% of your grade.
- Late papers will not be accepted.
Please, you can refer to the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) located at the school library. These are some of the suggested topics to be used to develop your Research Paper:
- Disorder Usually First Diagnosed in Infancy, Childhood, or Adolescence.
- Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Bipolar and Related Disorders
- Depressive Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
- Trauma-and- Stressor-Related Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
- Feeding and Eating Disorders
- Personality Disorders (7)
- Elimination Disorders
- Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Gender Dysphoria
- Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders
- Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders