Complete either the Goals Blueprint (Table 9.5) or the Self-Assessment Questionnaire (Table 9.6) that can be found in this week’s readings and given below. In a one- to two-page journal entry, share and reflect on your responses. Assess your potential strengths and challenges as a supervisor. What steps might you take to expand your competencies as a supervisor?
- Goal’s Blueprint
Strengths as a Teacher
Areas in need of improvement:
- What are three successes you have had in your classroom?
- What are your strengths that are most helpful to children and families?
- What additional skills would you like to gain?
Your journal is an informal, reflective piece that does not require citations or APA format. However, if you choose to use resources, please cite them appropriately.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your journal entry.
Ashford 4: – Week 3 – Assignment
Licensing standards are basic, rather than the ultimate standards for the health and safety of students. Keeping that in mind, analyze both the NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards (Health Standards 5A-C only) and the NACCP’s Components of NAC Accreditation Standards (Health and Safety Standards F1-8 only) in regard to student health and safety. This information will be helpful in the development of your final presentation. In a two- to three-page paper, provide an analysis of these documents that includes the following components:
- Compare and contrast the two sets of standards. What features do they have in common? How do they differ?
- Discuss the relevance of these standards to the social/emotional and academic development of children. Why should these practices be in place?
- Discuss the most salient components of these standards. Which of these standards, or combination of standards, should be at the forefront of a center’s practices in order to promote a safe and healthful environment for children? What would their implementation look like within your own ideal workplace?
Your paper must follow proper APA format, include a title and reference page (in addition to the two- to three-page minimum), and must reference your course text, the NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards, the NACCP’s Components of NAC Accreditation Standards, and at least one additional source
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.