Information & Instructions
- Place your responses under each assessment item.
- Some external research is required. Be sure to include the appropriate APA references after your response.
- Do not just copy and paste materials. You must write complete mini essays (at least 3 paragraphs each) that express your response in your own words with as much original thought as possible.
- You must post the completed Final Assessment by the due date shown in the Course Schedule.
Answer Assessment Items
- What is the difference between random access memory (RAM), cache memory, flash memory (USB Flash Drive), optical storage (CD/DVD), and magnetic storage (hard drive)?
- What are component parts of the CPU? Describe how each component works.
- Convert the numbers and populate the missing cells based on column heading. You must show your work for each conversion.
|Base 2 (Binary)||Base 8 (Octal)||Base 10(Decimal)|
- You are the IT Infrastructure Specialist on a desktop refresh project responsible for defining hardware requirements. Identify a structured methodology and outline the steps you would use to conduct the requirements analysis.
- What is a communications protocol? What is the relationship between communications protocols and IT infrastructure?
- What is a network topology? List and define at least three examples of network topologies.
- List and define the types of System Software. How does System Software differ from Applications Software?
- Describe LAN, WAN, and MAN. List and define the various components associated with these concepts.
- What is the backbone for the Internet? Briefly describe how the Internet works.
- What is the difference between the Waterfall and Fountain methodologies?