In M2: Assignment 1 and M3: Assignment 1, you assumed you were a manager in the HR department for WidgetMaker, a large US-based company. For this assignment, you will once again take on that role.
WidgetMaker has recently acquired a much smaller firm. The company culture and business objectives are very different for the two companies, but it is important for the executives to maintain the objectives of both firms. As a manager in the resulting HR department, you are now tasked with ensuring that the staffing strategies of the combined company promote these combined objectives. Organizational staffing strategies evolve as companies advance through development stages.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet, research how and why staffing strategies change in an organization.
Prepare a memo to company executives with recommendations for the newly combined company. Include the following:
- Describe the recommended staffing strategies for a large established company like WidgetMaker. Describe the recommended staffing strategies for a small start-up firm of your choice.
- Propose a new staffing plan and provide a brief outline of the plan.
After your initial post, discuss the following:
- How do the staffing strategies for a large established company help the expected goals of the company?
- How do the staffing strategies for a small start-up firm help the expected goals of the company?
- What changes should be made to staffing for the newly combined firm? What components are important to keep?
By Friday, February 10, 2017, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, February 15, 2017, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
|Assignment Components||Max Points|
|Initial response was:|
|Discussion Response and Participation:|