Dual or multiple relationships are a significant ethical and legal issue for counseling organizations. While it is clear that all types of dual or multiple relationships are not forbidden, there is the potential for damage to the client, even in acceptable multiple relationships. The relationship between the supervising counselor and the supervisee can also be at risk. The director wants to engage the newer counselors in a dialogue about dual relationships. Her goal is to determine what the current viewpoint is on this issue among the newer, less experienced counselors. As such, the director wants you to run the workshop for your supervisees to discuss the issue of dual relationships. Outline your position on dual relationships to prepare for the workshop.
- Briefly describe a minimum of four (4) different types of dual relationships, both prohibited and acceptable
- Answer the following questions:
- In your opinion, are there any dual relationships that you consider acceptable? And if so, under what circumstances?
- In your opinion, is it ever acceptable for a counselor to engage in a sexual relationship with a client, former client, or family member of a client or former client? And if so, under what circumstances?
- What are some of the potential hazards to engaging in dual or multiple relationships with clients, former clients, or family members of clients or former clients?
Assignment two: Due 11/6/2016 $30.00
Library Research Assignment
Your director has asked you to create a white paper for dissemination to all supervising counselors. This paper is to address the following 2 different purposes:
- To provide all supervising counselors with a full knowledge relating to the potential consequences of multiple relationships.
- To detail appropriate policies for dealing with multiple relationships
To complete this paper of 1,000 words minimum, you must do the following:
- Utilize the CTU Online library for your research on this assignment.
- When completing your references, you must indicate what library research database you used to find each particular source. Be sure to cite all references in APA style format.
- Describe the different types of multiple/dual relationships that can be engaged in by chemical dependency counselors.
- Describe the negative effects that can stem from a multiple/dual relationship to the client, counselor, supervising counselor, and/or agency.
- Describe the types of discipline common for certain types of dual/multiple relationships.
- Describe the relationship between malpractice lawsuits and multiple/dual relationships.
- The final section of your paper should contain your proposal for dealing with multiple relationships between counselors and clients, between counselors and former clients, between counselors and family members of clients or former clients, and between supervising counselors and supervisees.
To complete this assignment, you may need some assistance with completing your research. If so, you may get help from a librarian. To do so, click on the library link in the Virtual Campus, and then click the Ask a Librarian link inside the library. Once on the About the Library page, you can e-mail a librarian, leave a voicemail for a librarian, or the specified times, or engage in a live chat with a librarian.
*To be honest I have never really used our library and have found it difficult to navigate through it. I can provided you with access if need it.* If you have any question please let me know. I will post this however I will not place the institution on the site if that is okay.
And thirdly: Due 11/06/2016 $25.00
The local domestic violence shelter has noticed an increase in the number of families affected by substance abuse. They have contacted your agency about providing information on how to serve the needs of this growing population. In your communication, you are to discuss the following:
- Discuss interventions for substance abuse situations.
- Describe how to help system (family) members to identify and interrupt harmful interaction patterns and practice healthy interaction patterns.
Privacy, confidentiality, and privileged communication are often used interchangeably.
- Explain the differences between each of them.
- What are the limitations of confidentiality?
- When is there a duty to warn?