The SPSS Environment
Please open the enclosed SPSS data file (Demographics). It contains demographic data for a sample of 820 employees.
Based on the attached dataset, write a paper addressing the following issues:
1. What are the variables in the datasets and their levels of measurement
2. Are the “measure” and “role” filed in the SPSS file appropriately set If not, explain how they should be set.
3. Write a section on the properties of the sample, using typical descriptive statics, as appropriate (e.g., mean and standard deviation, median when appropriate, skewness and/or normality, frequencies, etc.). Use a format similar to the way descriptive statistics are reported in research papers. Cite the research paper or papers you relied on when constructing this section.
4. Generate a scatterplot of income (on the y-axis) as a function of “years in the current job.” Is there an association between these two variables
5. Generate a distorted graph (any variable) and present it next to a non-distorted graph. Discuss the implication for writing and reading research.
6. Using the variables in the dataset, please construct a theory which involves an IV, DV, a mediator and a moderator. You may add imaginary variables as you wish (e.g., a new variable which does not exist in the dataset as a moderator or a DV). Explain your theory.
Please organize your paper in a scholarly way. Add section titles when necessary. Explain your logic, and when appropriate, use external sources with proper citations. Conclude your report with a paragraph or so evaluating the entire exercise in terms of what you have learned and your reflections on the topic.
1. Student is able to use basic features (basic analyses, descriptive statistics, variable definitions and graphs) in SPSS.
2. Student is able to understand and construct appropriate graphs; and detect distortions.
3. Student understands and is able to construct theories using IV, DV mediators, and moderators.
4. Student answers the questions with clarity, depth, and critical thinking.
5. Completeness and coherence: Chain of thought is easy to follow.
6. Student uses relevant evidence and additional papers/resources to support the propositions.
7. Student uses appropriate SPSS outputs.
8. Paper is clearly written with appropriate format. Reference list is complete. Citation is properly done.
Note: If additional journal papers are needed please let me know so I can access through available resource and supply for paper.