THEA 303, Theatre History II
May 3, 2017
I need help with a 10 page Theatre History research paper arguing how the Moscow Art Theatre revolutionized the way that Russian Theatre was rehearsed, performed and produced and set new standards for acting that inspired theaters all around the world. With references, citations, an outline and bibliography in MLA format
Moscow Art Theatre
Thesis: Moscow Art Theatre revolutionized the way that Russian Theatre was rehearsed, performed and produced and set new standards for acting that inspired theaters all around the world.
- Creation of the Moscow Art Theatre
- The Moscow Art Theatre was founded by Konstantin Stanislavskyand Vladimir Nemirovich-Danchenko in 1898
- The two began working on creating a theater for revolutionary approaches to the functions and forms of new art.
- Operation of the Moscow Art Theatre
- How the Theatre was run
- Stanislavski was to have absolute control over stage direction.
- Nemirovich-Danchenko was assigned the literary and administrative duties.
- Anton Chekhov wrote and directed plays for and at the theatre from 1898-1904
III. Accomplishments of the Moscow Art Theatre
- The theatre’s first season included works byAleksey Tolstoy,Henrik Ibsen, and William Shakespeare.
- The Moscow Art Theatre effects theatre today in so many ways
Conclusion: The Moscow Art theatre had significantly reinvented the procedures in which plays were rehearsed and set new standards for ensemble acting that ultimately influenced theaters globally.