For questions 1-6, please answer using complete sentences and your own words (personal opinion). Direct quotes should be used sparingly and should include proper citation. Each response should be approximately one to three paragraphs and is worth up to 5 points.
1) Describe the Theory of Reasoned Action (TRA). How does this differ from the Theory of Planned Behavior?
2) What is cognitive dissonance? Provide an example.
3) Describe the three primary dimensions of credibility. Which seems to have the greatest effect on persuasion?
4) Gass & Seiter discuss four potential problems with accurately measuring attitudes. What are they? Describe one measurement technique for measuring attitudes.
5) What is the rule of reciprocation (rule for reciprocity)? Provide an example of how this rule might work to promote an otherwise unlikely behavior.
6) Select one of the following scenarios:
• Getting a seasonal flu shot
• Voting for Barack Obama
• Utilizing the Writing Center at Purdue
Using either the TRA, the TPB, or CDT, briefly outline how the theory you selected could be applied to either explain or influence (i.e. via a campaign) outcomes in your chosen scenario.
You can find more information : chapter 3-4 in Gass & Seiter, chapters 1, 2, 3, & 8 in Cialdin