Topic: Write a Qualitative report as a journal format and also as a literature review.
The assessment comprises one piece of coursework written as a report. The report is similar to a published review article that you find in many journals. Word limit for the report excluding references is 3500 words. Do not go over this word limit.
1. The research question needs to be very specific and you are not allowed to collect any data but You are required to evaluate your research question in light of previous research done by others.
2. Review the literature in the Question.
3. The Question should make reference to the chosen topic.
4. How is the question represented in the literature.
5. Use Literature as data (meta-analysis).
The breaking down of the report
6. The abstract should provide a clear concise summary of the report. It should be between 200-300 words.
7. The introduction will include an introduction into the subject area and the importance of the subject area. The introduction must justify the research hypothesis/research question – why is it important? The introduction must contain research evidence as support and references. The introduction will end with your hypothesis/research question (1500 words).
8. The discussion will answer your research hypothesis/question using research from within the subject area. It will review in general what studies have been done within the subject area already for example in the last 10 or 15 years. The critique should be a balanced discussion and evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of the published research addressing your research hypothesis/question. Good reviews include additional evidence to support your evaluation. Finally the discussion will end with a section on what needs to be done in the future (1500 words).
9. The conclusion should reinstate the importance of the research hypothesis/question; it should repeat the research hypothesis/question and provide a brief summary of the main critique including a suggestion for future studies (200-300 words).
10. The final section is entitled References. In Psychology reports and articles, a bibliography section is not included. A bibliography would contain details of everything that you have read in preparation for your report. Instead, your Reference section lists full publication details of sources that you have cited in the text of your report and only these.
* Try to relay on published journal articles rather than books and internet sites.
Resources you can use from:
* Medline contains medical and psychological journal articles and can be found at:
*American Psychological Association contains journal articles and can be found at: https://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/index.aspx
*Google Scholar has journal articles and can be found at: