You may wish to review the suggested readings listed in the Resources as well as do your own research into completing a BCG matrix to prepare for this assessment.
Complete the following:
- Select an organization with multiple divisions or product lines to analyze. For example, Apple would likely be considered to have multiple divisions, such as those associated with iTunes, iPods, iPhones, iPads, and Mac computers.
- Assess your chosen organization’s key divisions. To do this, place five column headings at the top of a worksheet. Title the columns as follows: Divisions, Revenues, Profits, Market Share Position, and Industry Growth Rate. Assess your organization’s key divisions in each of these five categories. This information will help provide the foundation necessary to successfully complete a BCG matrix. Submit this worksheet as one of the deliverables for this assessment.
- Use the BCG Matrix Template linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading to complete a BCG matrix for your chosen organization. You might find it interesting and useful to compare and discuss your results with people from the organization.
Be sure to submit both your completed BCG matrix and your preparation worksheet for this assessment.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: If you use sources, ensure that resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.